Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 9, 2009

25 Things

OK, I think all my friends on Facebook have tagged me to do 25 Things, so I am finally getting around to posting this both here on the blog and also on Facebook.  I'm not tagging any of you, because I think you all have tagged me already!

Here it goes...

1. Disorganization drives me crazy.  I'm not so much a clean-freak, but a neat-freak.  In another life, I would have been one of those professional organizers that helps other people and makes tons of money to throw out their junk.

2. Two things I always buy on the cheap: sunglasses and umbrellas - for some reason, the cheap ones never get lost, stolen, or broken, and when they do need to be replaced, I don't feel guilty about spending a little money.

3. I love to travel to places with beautiful views.  I will conquer my small dislike of heights in order to get a great view of a beautiful landscape.

4. The most inspiring place for me (my happy place) would have to be the central/northern California Coast (especially Big Sur) - sitting up on a cliff, listening to the waves crash, etc...)
 
5. I love to sleep and value my sleep time highly, especially after going through medical school and surgery residency.  I'm in trouble come April 27th, huh!

6. As a young child, I once took it upon myself to cut my 2 years younger next door neighbor Diane's beautiful all-one-length long brown hair to give her bangs.  The bangs were a few millimeters long.  I think it took years for her mother to forgive me.

7. In spite of #6 above, my husband has for years permitted me to cut his hair on a regular basis.

8. I spent a college summer working at the American Embassy in Rome, Italy - so fun!

9. I am very stubborn.  As a 2-3 year old child, I once stuck my foot into the wheel of my dad's (moving) bicycle while we were both riding on it after he picked me up from a friend's house - I really didn't want to leave and go home.  I have the scar to prove it.

10.  I first met my husband while kissing a chicken.

11. My favorite holiday is Christmas.

12. I am a strong proponent of rescuing animals and have two rescued dogs myself.  They have the best personalities.

13. Growing up, I had dreams of becoming an Olympic figure skater.

14. I had the same roommate in for all four years of college and one more year after.  That's a true friend!

15. I am very loyal to the Apple/Macintosh brand and love my IMac, MacBook, IPhone, IPod, and Nano.

16. I hate commercials and will do anything to avoid watching them.  Even during the Superbowl.  Thank goodness for TiVo.

17. I follow the blogs of a few people that I don't even know.  Is that weird?  I promise, I found their blogs through the blogs of people I do actually know.

18. I like to drink water cold.

19. I am a huge Beatles and Paul McCartney fan.

20. I am very picky about what movies I watch - when I watch a movie, I transport myself into it, and the movie becomes reality to me.  So if it's a weird, scary, or bizarre movie, it can affect me for days.  Hence, I prefer romantic comedies!

21. Right now, I really want to go snow tubing.

22. I love the smell of Hawaii.  It's those flowers.

23. I hate to actually sit or touch public toilets.

24. I love to play games - either card or board games.  My favorite family games are Pounce and Shanghai Rummy.

25. I am so excited to become a Mom!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my crazy sister! Looking forward to lots of games when I come visit. :) I've heard about a new one, stupidly I can't remember what it's called at the moment, but I'll find out. It's a board game that's kind of like Risk.
    xx

    ReplyDelete